Tuesday, December 17, 2013

A day at the Farm

The boys had a couple of days off from school so we loaded up in the car and headed to a local farm.


This day was so perfect.   Everyone had such a great time.   The boys loved every moment.   From picking vegtables, to playing in the corn, looking at the animals, and jumping on their trampoline.   It was so fun to leave everything behind and just play in the dirt.


Owen has a special love for plants.   He loves gardens.   He was so excited to be able to pick so many different vegtables.




Eli especially like the zucchini.  He carried them with him most of the morning.


Grace soon grew tired of picking vegtables and was ready to move onto other things.


But, she loved the chicken coop.  She was so proud that she could open and close the door to the little house.   Her cuteness just kills me sometimes (but I may be a little biased).








And, the corn.   Oh, the corn.   This little piece of heaven occupied my children for 2 hours.   Yes, 2 hours.   It always amazes me what will entertain children.





While the little kids played in the corn, Gabiel went off to explore the farm on his own.   I'm not quite sure what he found to do during this time but, as we were in the pig barn one of the farmers asked me if Gabriel was my son.   I was surprised that he knew Gabe!   He told me that he was the neatest little kid and that he had spent over an hour with the pot bellied pigs.   He said that as he was petting Rosie the pig, he found a special spot on her belly that made her lay down every time he rubbed it.   He said he was very impressed with Gabriel and his kindness towards animals.   Doesn't that just make a mama proud!

  The kids also loved riding in the little farm train.   


Gabriel very lovingly helped his brother.   I just love that!



We just had the best time together today.   I am so glad that we came out to enjoy the farm.   We will definitely have to come back soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment