Sunday, December 29, 2013

See

5 Minute Friday.   Writing for 5 minutes with the writing prompt:  See

I can see 4 children strung out across my living room.

The Preschooler is naked from the waste down busy playing his Angry Birds.  Potty training didn't go so well today so we have just resorted to the nakedness.

A nine year old with gangly legs thrown over the couch is trying to play a game on his Kindle.   He sifts through the games with fingers of lightening speed.

A red haired girl lays belly up on a red bean bag.    Sucking her thumb and watching her brother through foggy eyes.   Time for this one to head up to bed.  I am just to tired to get up so I continue to look and see.

I turn to look at the seven year old, curled up on the couch with a book close to his nose.   Turning the pages and stopping every once in awhile to study a picture he likes.

Quietness.   No one is crying or whining or shouting or fighting.   With this rare moment, I can see each of my children more clearly. Capturing it in time, savoring it, and keeping it for later.


No comments:

Post a Comment