Monday, December 23, 2013

Tiny Dancer

On this day, my camera captured a tiny dancer.    My little niece with her hair piled high on her head and tiny pink ballet shoes on her feet.   I soaked in every moment under the lights of the dance studio knowing how precious and fleeting these moments are.


Cherishing the gift of time.  To sit next to my sister and watch 7 little girls in their attempt to become graceful dancers.


In their three year old way.


My precious niece intently watches and listens.  Concentrating with all her might to follow instruction.  Quietly disapproving when her fellow dancers may not be able to concentrate with such intensity.


 Gracefully.

  
She watches her teacher with eyes of admiration and love.  Following each footstep.

   

Being able to share this time with her helps me to see the woman she will become.

Looking forward to each part of her life that I get to watch as she grows.    A precious little girl who dreams of dancing one day.

No comments:

Post a Comment