Saturday, February 15, 2014

LOVE


It's amazing how a heart can be so filled with love that there is no need for Valentines.

No need for the sweetness of chocolate or the rich redness of roses.


Instead it is filled with the rhythm of our busy lives.   

Overflowing with our need for each other.


My intention on Valentines Day was to wake a little early and make a special breakfast, heart shaped pancakes.


But, I stumbled out of bed just in time to make the boys their usual toast and eggs.  


It's OK that I didn't get this just right because the boys see me and run over to give me a big hug and tell me Happy Valentine's Day.  


It's then I realize that we really didn't need that special breakfast.   


The normal breakfast that I usually make is enough.  And, each morning it is the same.   Filled with sacrifice and love.


To give of ourselves everyday.  To learn to sacrifice a little more each day.


Giving and sharing and professing our love to each other in every moment.

And, at the end of the day being blessed by it all.   Then waking up and doing it all again tomorrow.

Happy Valentines Day 2014












No comments:

Post a Comment