Tuesday, June 17, 2014

Hot Summer Days

Our mornings start early.  My alarm goes off at 6 and as I jump out of bed.  I am already looking forward to my early morning bike ride.   Gabriel is on the swim team and his practice starts at 7:00.  We hop on our bikes at 6:30 while the little kids are still in bed and ride to a nearby pool where I drop him off for practice.  

After a nice long bike ride, I am ready to start my day.   Cooking toast and eggs, as I listen to everyone getting up.   The stomping of feet as Owen jumps off his bunk bed and then I hear Grace yelling "mama, mama" through the baby monitor.

As the little kids are eating breakfast, I hear the front door slam as Gabe returns from swim practice and I know that it is time to get everyone ready for swim lessons.

Owen and Eli love their swim lessons.  We all pile in the car and head to Sunrise pool. Gabriel, Grace, and I get a little hot but, we sit in the shade and enjoy watching the boys in the pool.

 

My temperature gauge has been reaching about 109 in my car.    We stay out of the heat after swim lessons by taking long afternoon naps.


And, that is only if the Rockies aren't playing an afternoon game.   If the Rockies are playing, the boys will be glued to the TV cheering on their favorite team.


After those long, lazy afternoons it's time for a little pool time and ice cream.   Always a perfect way to end our busy, hot days.




Gabriel usually has a swim meet twice a week in the evenings.   And, with each meet he becomes a better swimmer.   Swimming faster then the time before.  I am very proud of him for his hard work and perseverance.





No comments:

Post a Comment