Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Wyoming Horse Piles

My house is completely silent. Bryan is in Phoenix, the boys and Bridger are asleep. I'm not used to all this quiet! It's nice to sit and relax after such a busy day. I told myself that I needed to prioritize and slow down. It hasn't happened yet! We started our busy day going to Grandma and Pop's so that I could go to the dentist. Gabe, Owen, and Eli stayed with Grandma. Then my good friend, Cedar and her little girl, Claire, came over and had lunch with us. It was so nice to see Cedar and a delight to have a little girl running around the house. After lunch we went to swim lessons. Both Gabe and Owen did very well in the pool. It was our first day and they loved the water. After swim lessons we went over to Auntie Megan's and she made dinner for the boys. I went to a Birthday party for my friend, Karla. It was so nice to spend time with my girlfriends, have a glass or wine, and relax. I am so thankful for my friends and the time I get to spend with them! Reflecting on my day makes me realize that I wasn't able to slow down today but, I was able to spend time with all the people that I cherish so much and that made it the perfect day!!

We had a great weekend and I wanted to share some pictures of our sledding and skiing adventures. On Sunday, we went over to Grandma and Pop's with Amaya and her friend Olivia. The kids piled on the toboggan and Pop and Bryan pulled them around the horse pasture. You could just see the smiles on the kids under all their winter attire.

















After the sledding, Gabe wanted to go skiing. We strapped his skis on him, gave him a rope, and away he went. I was a little unsure at first but, he skied really, really well. He surprised me. Then, the girls wanted to try. Amaya and Olivia also skied and did really well. The only part they had problems with was the large horse piles out in the pasture. When they would hit a pile they would lose their balance and fall. Well, that's what you get for skiing in a horse pasture in Wyoming!!

No comments:

Post a Comment