Tuesday, February 8, 2011

books and quiet

Books, books, books.  We love books at our house.  We read and read and read.  I never tire of sitting on the couch reading to my children.  And there are moments that I catch them enjoying a book without me.  Just sitting quietly totally engrossed in a story.  These are the moments when I know that I have passed my love for reading onto them.  These are the moments when the house is unusually quiet except for the sound of a page turning every few moments.  These are the moments that make me smile and think, "I have done something right".  I just smile and cherish it because in a couple of minutes it will be back to a exciting game of sword fighting or riding our brooms around at lighting speed.  Whatever the next action adventure that they think of next.  The books will be thrown to the side and the adventure will begin.




No comments:

Post a Comment