Wednesday, February 23, 2011

first book

Today was a full day filled with Star Wars, good friends, and time well spent.  It was a Wednesday.  A Wednesday in Thornton, Colorado in the middle of Feburary.

Gabriel has early release day on Wednesday's.  He gets out of school at 10:00.  This really frees up our afternoons on Wednesdays.  Sometimes we go swimming or to the park but, this afternoon we went over to Arvada to see my good friend, Jill.  Jill has two sweet little girls, Natalie (3) and Allison (1).   It just warms my heart to spend time with her.  We have been friends for over 10 years and I have cherished all the time we have spent together.  God has truly blessed me with this special friendship and I am very thankful.   Now, our children get to enjoy each other which is a double blessing.

 When I picked Gabe from school he was very excited to show me his library book.  Title:  Star Wars, The story of Darth Vadar.  I explained to him that we were headed over to Arvada which would take about a half an hour.  Gabe and Owen were very excited because they could look at their book on the trip.  To my complete amazment, Gabriel started reading to his brother in the car.  The words just started coming out of his mouth.  It was amazing.  He did a really good job and I have to tell you that it brought tears to my eyes to listen to him read.  It was a very special moment and he was so excited that he could share this book with his brother.

A moment right before dinner reading away

We had a great time at Jill's.  We went for a walk and played with all of her toys.  We were a little loud and very active but the girls seemed to love all the commotion.  We had such a great time that we all fell asleep in the car after we got home.  It was a nice nap for everyone.

The day ended with a warm bath, breakfast for dinner (pancakes and eggs), and getting to tell daddy all about our day.   Pretty good for a cold day in February.

No comments:

Post a Comment