Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Frozen

Frozen, frozen, frozen.  Winter has finally arrived here in Colorado.  Our lake is frozen solid.  The ducks and geese have left.  The wind has been blowing and the snow drifting.  In order to go outside everyone must put on their boots, coats, hats, and gloves.  By the time we are ready to venture outside we are exhausted.

I close my eyes and remember the summertime.  Warm sunshine, green grass, and pop cycles.  This makes me think of Bryan's grandfather.  He is such a neat man.  When I was complaining about the cold weather in Spearfish over Thanksgiving he chuckled and said "It just makes you appreciate summer when it finally comes".  He is right.  If I didn't have to suffer through the long winter, I surely wouldn't appreciate running outside in a tee shirt and shorts on a hot summer day.  And, I will appreciate it!

Come on summer.  I'm ready now and it's only February 8th.


No comments:

Post a Comment